Shy Wolf Sanctuary President, Deanna Deppen and Wolfdog Ambassador, Treasure
As we celebrate our country’s independence, let us remember to honor and respect one another. And keep our fur friends safe!
More pets are lost on the Fourth of July than any other holiday.
10. Keep your pet indoors at all times!
9. Don’t put insect repellant on your pet that isn’t specifically for pet use.
8. Alcoholic drinks poison pets.
7. Going to a fireworks display? Leave your pet at home.
6. Have your pet properly identified.
5. Keep your pet away from glow jewelry.
4. NEVER use fireworks around pets.
3. Don’t give your pet “Table Food”.
2. Lighter fluid and matches are harmful to pets.
1. Citronella insect control products harm pets.
1. Make sure your pet is microchipped with your current contact information on the registration.
2. Use calming scents like lavender in plugins, candles, sprays, or essential oils, or calming pheromones, or Rescue Remedy for Pets.
3. Play calming music.
4. Purchase a ThunderShirt and let your pet wear it before, during and after fireworks to reduce anxiety.
5. Visit your vet for a prescription if the pet is especially stressed by loud noises.
6. Stay home and hug your pet!